Sunday, October 28, 2007

It's Tough Being a Boxer...

Ruff Ruff!
Hello All! So, you may not know me or anything about me because that son of a doggy biscuit Eliu has never brought me up on this blog thing-a-ma-jig. After much begging on my part, he still chose not to mention me on his blog, so I had to get him taken care of (i.e.: kidnapped, drugged, thrown in a cage). Stop whining, he’ll be back in a few days.

Anyways, my name is Roxie (Yes, that’s with an ie, not a y). My owner, Ines tells me that I am a Boxer, but Eliu is constantly saying that I look more like a Dalmatian. This gets on my absolute last nerve. I’m a Boxer. B-O-X-E-R!

(I've included a picture of my fantastic owner, Ines and that boy that claims to be my "uncle".)

So, on that note, I’m sure you can tell that I’m going to use this blog to vent. Let me start by telling you all what a typical day in my life is all about.

First of all, my owner wakes me up at around 6:30 AM. Is that a humane hour for a Boxer to be waking up? Lucky for Ines, I’ve adapted. After waking up, my owner and I inch our sleepy selves to the door for my first bathroom break of the day.

After Ines finishes getting ready, I am forced to go to work with her! Are you listening to me? I GO TO WORK WITH HER! Why, you ask? Well, the old lady of the house (this woman who everyone refers to as Mima or Mami) refuses to let me stay home because I do things like this when I am left unattended.

Once WE get to work, Ines pulls out her usual morning bagel and gives me my usual half. I’d have to say that this is the highlight of my day (By the way, Eliu NEVER gives me any human food. He claims that it’s his way of ‘training’ me). Throughout the day all I do is sleep. I sleep on the chairs. I sleep under her desk. I sleep wherever no one will bother me.

Once we get home its war time. You see, at our house, along with a few birds and some fish, there are these three CATS! These three creatures are the most annoying things I have ever seen in my entire life. First off, one of their names is Cielo. She’s the kind of cat “que tira la piedra, pero esconde la mano” (Yes, I’m bilingual. Amazing isn’t it? ). Then there’s Oreo. She’s like the queen-bee of the trio and basically does whatever the leader of the group, the meanest of the meanest, the cattiest of the cattiest, Midnight tells her to do. If I just as much as pass by them, I immediately hear growls as they attempt to scratch me (Lucky for me, their nails are clipped!). I hate those cats, and the more I try to befriend them, the meaner they get.

After I fight with these felines for a while its bed time. Bedtime has become the worst part of my day because I literally ripped up my bed the other night (as you already saw in the pictures above). This however was not my fault. You see, Ines left me home alone for more than my 2-hour limit, so naturally I got upset and did what I had to do.

So that basically sums up a day in the life of Roxie, or as Eliu likes to call me, “THE ROX”. I hope you all enjoyed this break from all that boring stuff that Eliu writes about, because I know I did!

Here's one more picture of me that I think the police will use as my mugshot once Eliu is found.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oye, by far the greatest article written. V, J, M and I were all reading it. You should've put those other pics of Roxtilda. Also, you forgot to mention how she has a "girl crush" on me and attacks me all the time.

Anonymous said...

That was great! And so funny. I almost thought Roxie really wrote it. You could tell you, Roxie and Ines have become ONE!

Anonymous said...

"The Rox" doesn't really describe Roxie well. She is really more of a "Roxilda" to me. She loves to lick my son all over his face while he just stands there and takes it. When he gets frustrated with her, he pulls her cheeks or her tail stump. Very cute though!

Anonymous said...

Roxie is a superstar!!!!! Just like her owner!!!!!!!! I had to fight off the paparazzi off of her this morning!!!!!!!

Victor Castro said...

Yo ROX! If you ever want to contribute to my blog, let me know... I could use some help on posting and proof reading. I pay non-human food but you can sleep all you want. Maybe you can convince someone on letting me get a boxer or English bulldog,also considering a French bulldog. Make sure you get well compensated for your well written post, which I'm sure you will.