Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Let the Games Begin!

So, I'm writing this on Tuesday night but I know that most of you won't be able to read this until tomorrow, Wednesday. So just so you know, in this post, when I say "today," I'm referring to Wednesday, October 17th.
I've been waiting for today for about two months, and finally today is now! Today, the playoffs begin. I'm really excited although I am not thrilled at how the draw panned out. As it turns out my up and down season earned me the eighth and final spot in the playoffs. This automatically means that the number eight player has to take on the number one player in the first round of the playoffs. This should make things very interesting.

A part of me wants to believe that I truly have nothing to lose in this match. After all, I am the lower ranked player, and not the favorite to win this match. However, my hunger to beat the number one player, and let alone, make it to the next round of the playoffs is more than enough motivation.

The other part of me wants to believe that this is definitely my match to win. Having a chance to beat the number one player is an amazing opportunity and I refuse to let it pass me by. I know that it's going to be a struggle tonight, but I'm more than ready for it.

I'm definitely going to try my best and hopefully my best tennis will show up, and if not then there's no shame in losing to the number one player is there? I don't think so, but there's a lot of pride in beating him.

Whatever the result, I'm just excited to be in the playoffs, and I'm definitely going to give it my best shot! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Nadal, Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Victor Castro said...

All the best! Let us know how you did.