Saturday, October 6, 2007

Someone You Should Get to Know: Chelsea Handler

Though she's been around forever, a lot of people still don't know who Chelsea Handler is. Allow me to tell you a bit about her.
Chelsea Handler is in my opinion one of the funniest comedians I have ever seen in my entire life. She uses sarcasm but doesn't use it to the point where it's annoying.
Chelsea has had shows on E! and Oxygen. A few years ago, on E!, she had a show titled The Chelsea Handler Show. I discovered this show one night while flipping through the channels and boy was I happy that I found it. The Chelsea Handler Show consisted of a bit of stand up comedy along with a few skits which Chelsea performed herself. These skits were, as Chelsea would say, borderline amazing!
Chelsea's other show on Oxygen was titled Girls Behaving Badly, which I only saw a few times. The few times that I did see it however, it was hilarious! This show consisted of Chelsea and a group of other comedians playing pranks on people similar to those on MTV's Boiling Points.
Though these shows were the first to get Chelsea noticed, her new show is by far her biggest hit. Her new show is titled Chelsea Lately which is on E! late nights. This show is similar to The Chelsea Handler Show except that instead of having a full stand up routine, Chelsea has a three-person panel which helps her poke fun at the things that happen in the wacky world of Hollywood. This show also consists of skits which Chelsea performs mostly with her "assistant,"Chuy. These two have such a fantastic comical dynamic between them that you just can't stop laughing when they come on the screen. Chelsea Lately is on Monday-Friday at 11:30 PM on E! (I know it's a little late, so set your Tivo's because I promise it's worth it).
If you ever see a clip of Chelsea Handler anywhere, take a minute and watch it, I'm sure she'll brighten up your day. I've added a clip of one of her skits below and it's absolutely hilarious! Hopefully it will brighten up today!

No comments: