Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Oh Yes, Victory is SWEET!

"Eliu, I'm sorry to tell you, but if you lose your match tonight, it's going to be nearly impossible for you to make the playoffs this season."

I went into my match tonight with a record of 6-5. I know, not horrible but not good enough either. The words above were expressed to me by the tennis pro (basically the guy who keeps track of our win-loss records) at C.B. Smith Park. At first it took me a moment to take it in. But then he said something else:

"But you're here for the exercise right?" At this point I looked at him and said, "Well, no. I'm here to make the playoffs."

So with that said, I took the court against some guy, who shall remain nameless, who had beaten me in last season's playoff by a score of 2-6,6-1,7-6(5). For those of you who know tennis, you know that that's a pretty tight score. But for those of you who have no idea what those numbers mean, imagine running up and down a tennis court for three hours and at the end of it all getting nothing except for the realization that you still need to get in better shape.

So I took the court today feeling I had nothing to lose, after all he had beaten me again after that playoff match. But today things felt different. I had that little feeling in me that told me that tonight, there was no way I could lose. So I started playing my game and all I did was make him run, and run, and run. And before I knew it, I HAD WON! The final score of the match was 6-3, 7-5. And now my record is 7-5. Not only did I get revenge for our last few matches, but now I'm in a pretty good position to make the playoffs. YAY!
The only thing that disappointed me today was that I truly played a good match against a sore looser. The man barely even shook my hand after the match, but that's irrelevant at this point, because that doesn't change the fact that I got the W.
Ok. Enough about tennis! LOL...On to other news concerning my life.
As it turns out I did get the job at Macy's. This is another thing that I am really excited about. I've always loved Macy's and now I get to be a small part of a wonderful company and I couldn't be more thankful. Not only did I get the job, but my bestest (yes I know, that's not a word) friend in the whole world also scored an interview with Macy's. Congrats to her!
So, as you can see, things in my life are definitely on the up and up right now. However, I think that we have to take the good with the bad. Some days are going to be tougher than others. But if we're going to get a headache over our bad days, then we truly should celebrate our good days!

P.S. There will not be a blog tomorrow because Wednesdays truly put the B in busy for me.

P.S.S. Go out and do something for yourself today. Give yourself a reason to smile!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh so your best friend "David" got an interview. You are such a good friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a good boy!!!!!